Lee’s note: We’re looking for an advertising rep!
TheGunWriter.com is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated commission-based Independent Sales Representative to sell advertising space and event sponsorship for its site. The successful candidate will possess solid digital sales experience and a proven track record of prospecting new business, closing contracts, customer retention and delivery of innovative ideas.
The primary responsibility of the Independent Sales Representative is to increase digital advertising revenues by actively engaging with clients through field calls and overall revenue-driving activities. The customer base is unlimited – our audience is national, if not international, and so are your prospects. This is a telecommuting, contract position.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prospect customers and lead generation
- Attract and close advertisers for the site as well as special events
- Drive customer retention through excellent customer service
- Develop and continue to evolve a strong sales plan
- Works in tandem with TGW leadership to identify revenue opportunities
- Experience selling digital advertising
- Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
- Competitive, energetic and self-starter
- Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results
- Knowledge of firearms and the firearms industry
- Organized with attention to detail
- Strong time management and follow-up skills
- Computer experience
Please send cover letter, resume and references to Carrie@TheGunWriter.com.
TheGunWriter.com is a powered by the Herald-Tribune, a two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper in Sarasota, FL. It covers all elements of the firearms industry and includes columns, reviews, photo galleries and video as well as robust social media presence.