If you’re like me, with 50+ year-old eyes, you’re starting to suspect a conspiracy among handgun manufacturers, who all seem to be shrinking the size of their front sights, year after year.
Truth be told — although I still feel 10-feet tall and bulletproof — that damn front sight is just getting harder to see.
I’ve tried larger sights, colored sights and sights that incorporate tritium and fiber optics. They all still seem a tad too small.
Enter SSP Eyewear.
Their Top Focal™ Ultra Kit is designed for anyone who wears reading glasses and shoots a firearm.
They’ve placed magnifiers at the top of the lenses, rather than at the bottom where traditional bifocals are located.
As a result, you don’t have to crane your neck back at awkward angles to get your sights into focus. This eliminates any bad shooting posture and allows a more natural, more aggressive stance.
Shooters can choose different magnification powers: 1.00, 1.25, 1.50, 2.00, 2.50 and 3.00, to use the same magnification they would use for your reading glasses.
I’ve used the kit for several weeks now.
The glass is clear. The frames are strong and comfortable. The lenses are easy to replace, and they don’t fog up even during Florida’s humid, sweltering days.
I like it — a lot — and recommend it to other “seasoned” shooters.
The MSRP for the kit is $129.99.
INCLUDED IN KIT
- Eye Pro Exceeds ANSI Z87.1+2015
- NTOA (National Tactical Officers Association) approved & recommended
- Zipper Range Bag with belt loops and quick release swivel clasp.
- No scratch lens compartments
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- Lens Changing Directions
- Left and Right Amber, Clear, and Smoked magnifier at the top lenses (3 pairs)
- Left and Right Amber, Clear, and Smoked magnifier at the bottom lenses (3 pairs)
- Anti-fog coating, is double sided & permanently bonded to the lens, lasting 65% longer
- Feature optically correct, decentered, shatterproof, polycarbonate lenses to virtually eliminate distortion
- Offer sharp peripheral vision, without any blind spots
- Permanent durable anti-scratch hard coating
- Provide 100% protection from harmful UVA/UVB rays
- Durable TR-90 Nylon matte black frame
- Anti-Fog venting between the frame and lens
- Rubber nose and ear pads
- Fits narrow, round, and up to XL faces
- The magnifier at the top is 3/8 inch from the top of the frame down by 1-1/4 inch wide
- Frames are 1-3/4″ tall and 5-3/4″ wide at the front
- Weight is 1 oz