The Gun Writer’s mission is to be the most trusted, ethical, and thorough national source for news and information about firearm-related topics. This includes firearms and accessories, training, the “gun culture,” shooting sports, the firearms industry and external factors such as proposed legislation, which can affect all of the above.
- To protect and advocate for the First and the Second Amendments.
- To quickly and aggressively seek news that impacts and interests readers through the discussion of all issues related to the firearms industry, safety and training.
- To be honest and transparent
- in our product reviews,
- with our opinions,
- in our newsgathering,
- in our coverage of politics and politicians,
- with sponsors and advertisers.
- To respect and safeguard offers of anonymity and off-the-record conversations.
- To promote balanced coverage of firearm-related topics.
To be the preeminent source in the US for news and information about firearms-related topics.